10 Things To Be Happy/Grateful About...

07:06

Okay so these past few days I have been feeling in a funk with life. I have been struggling coming to terms with the fact that I haven't got long with my closest group of friends before we go off and do our own things, I have been worrying that I won't get to go to my chosen university to study and eventually become a teacher, I have been saddened by the news that one of my friends from school has passed away due to cancer and my depression has been flaring up again and I am finding it difficult to manage. With all these things going on it is easier for me to sit and scream that life isn't fair or to dwell on things so I have come up with a list of things to be happy about in order to get out of this mood. 

1) Summer. I am very lucky to get a summer vacation where I can do what I want. Pool time, beach time, read a book all day, get up late, go on a hike, go out to dinner. The weather is gorgeous and allows me to hang out outside all day working on a tan. Plus waking up with the sun streaming through your windows is a way to make anyone feel good about getting out of bed.

2) Hot baths. There is nothing better when you are stressed or having a hard day than to jump in a hot bath, filled with bubbles, candles and read a good book. You come out feeling so much more relaxed and better within yourself.
3) Fresh flowers. They brighten up every living space and are so pretty to look at. They don't cost all that much but they have the ability to make my life that little bit brighter. I just love seeing a vase full of flowers!
4) My group of friends. My friendship with the 5 people I consider my closest friends is so effortless. They know when to make me laugh and when to be serious, they know when to be honest with me and when to let me make my own mistakes. I love how we never get bored or tired of each other and I could hang out with them all day everyday, we just get each other. I am forever grateful to have such wonderful people in my life. Our adventures are the best and I wouldn't want to do them with anyone else. I treasure every moment I get with you lot as I know we all have different plans for the future and that will not always guarantee that we can hang out at the drop of a hat anymore. 








5) Family. I am so lucky that I have wonderful parents and family who support me in everything that I do. They may not always agree with my decisions but that doesn't mean that they won't support me. I have gained some amazing qualities from them such as the importance of standing up for myself, the belief that you can be anything that you want to be if you set your mind to it and if you never give up, my strong work ethic where I work hard in everything that I do, my witty sense of humour and my sarcastic nature. I know that you are only a phone call, a text or even streets away from me if I need any advice or help about certain issues. I may have a crazy family who sometimes annoy me but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

6) Music. I love music so much, I have songs that I listen to when I am in various moods and putting on a song and dancing really helps to shake any bad feelings that I am feeling. There is something about music that just makes you relate and feel all kind of emotions. I love nothing more than driving in the car with my mother with the windows open, singing along to music.
7) Reality TV. Judge me all you want but I love reality TV. When I am in college I use my brain all day everyday so the last thing that I want to do is watch something on TV that I have to think about, I just want to watch mindless TV where I can just laugh at all the craziness that goes on. 
8) Italian Food. If I could eat one cuisine for the rest of my life it would be Italian. I love pasta so much and I could eat all day everyday. Give me all the pasta. I love nothing more than sitting down with a hearty Italian meal.
9) Free health care. It is no secret that I suffer with depression and I am super thankful that we have free health care. I have been on medication and attended many counselling and therapy sessions all for free. I know that if my health care wasn't free I could not afford to get help for my depression and I would be in a bad place right now. My grandad is a pretty unlucky man who has had countless surgeries that would cost £15,000 if we paid it ourselves so without free healthcare my grandad probably wouldn't be here.
10) This blog. I know that I haven't long had this blog or posted consistently within the past year but now that I have had more time to blog I am enjoying it. I love putting all my thoughts onto a blank post and talking about issues that bother me openly. I love all the benefits of blogging and have already met some amazing people in such a short amount of time. Thank you to the *small* amount of people who read my posts, I appreciate it so much. But to me blogging is more than stats! 

I could include many more things I am happy and grateful for but these are the ones that I managed to come up with off the top of my head! Just reading this list has already made me feel that little bit better.

What do you do when you are in one of those moods? What are you grateful or happy about? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love hearing from all my readers and following new blogs! If you have a question then don't be afraid to comment. I reply to all the comments that I get!
You can also contact me by email that you can find in my contacts page.